A friend and I are doing a Laylatul Qadr plan. It is very simple, but with potential for maximizing each night insha Allah! All we will do is 3 simple tasks every night and make sure the other one of us are doing it as well! Keep things simple folks, don’t overwhelm yourself. So what are we doing?
– Dua- Lots and lots of dua. The dua for Laylatul Qadr, dua for our life, our hereafter, our families, friends and the nation at large
– Prayer- We both have done Taraweeh till now. We plan to increase on it by praying extra when we wake up for Sahoor as that is a blessed time to pray
– Zikr/Dhikr- We have done dhikr till now, we plan to increase it. And we are focusing on three specific dhikr
1. Qur’an- best of dhikr. increasing on what we did before
2. Subhan Allah, Alhamdulillah, la ilaha illa Allah, Allahu akbar a 100 times (less than 10 minutes)
3. Subhan Allahi wa bihamdihi a 100 times (less than 2 minutes)
That’s it, folks- our minimum for each night and increase on it if possible. We all pray, we all make dua, and we all make a little bit of dhikr. Just increase on what you have been doing so far, and that’s your Laylatul Qadr plan!
submitted by Raiiq Ridwan
As we approach the last ten days of Ramadan, I would like to say a few things
1. Stay away from useless talks. Limit your social interaction. Avoid too much texting or facebooking or any other social media activities.
2. Don’t be distracted by so many things during these days. Focus your mind on Allah SWT. Reflect upon the Qur’an. Pray and make dua with concentration
3. Spend time in a corner at the Masjid or in your room by yourself. Do as much worship as you can. You don’t have to do the same action over and over again. You can pray, relax, read Quran, read Hadith, do tasbih (dhikr), just sit and think of Allah’s names and attributes, and lastly make lots and lots of duas.
4. When making dua, make lots of them during Sujood. Pour out your heart in front of Allah SWT. Just ask anything you ever wanted and make dua for others and Ummah.
5. Be sincere in your worship. Don’t show off. Give charity as much as you can without letting anyone know.
6. Forgive people. I know it’s hard. I myself have a hard time with it but don’t let these nights go by without you forgiving them. Remember how much you want Allah SWT to forgive you. Remember the prophets from the Qur’an how they forgive people and we learn from their example. For ex: Prophet Yusuf (AS) forgave his brothers even though they threw him in a well. He could have punished his brothers but he chose something great which is forgiveness. If you really want to do something great these last ten days then please forgive others
7. Don’t let Ramadan go by without helping you achieve Taqwa (consciousness of Allah SWT). Fear Allah and love Him in private. Improve your inner self and have good opinion of others.
8. Make Tawbah, sincere repentance. This is the best time to ask Allah for forgiveness. No matter how great your sin is but Allah’s forgiveness is more greater than anything Subhan Allah! So keep asking Him for forgiveness
9. Send Salawat (peace and blessings upon the Prophet Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). Show your love for Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam) by doing as much sunnah as you can insha Allah. At least please keep smiling
10. Treat others with love, mercy and respect. Doesn’t matter if they are younger than you or older. Everyone deserves to be loved and respected. Be kind to others and ask Allah to grant you the best of manners. Be good to both Muslims and non Muslims. Take care of your neighbors, animals and surroundings.
Please do your best to please Allah SWT. May Allah SWT help us catch Laylatul Qadr and forgive all our sins Ameen